UNMIL radio news at 8 AM on Monday 22 May 2017
UNMIL Radio News at 8 Am (22 May 2017)
Dateline Liberia - Friday (22 May 2017)Name of Program: Dateline Liberia
Date: Monday May 22, 2017
Time 10:00am with a Repeat at 9:15pm
Producer: Olive ThomasInterviews or recorded pieces-subject matter and/or content.
- The United States Secretary for Health and Human Services says his Country is committed to working with the Liberian Government to address the challenges still being faced in the Liberian Health sector.
- Liberia’s Health Minister Dr. Bernice Dahn said Dr. Price visit marks an important history and development of the country’s health system.
- More than 3,000 teenagers die every day but nearly all of those deaths could be avoided, the World Health Organization -WHO said on Tuesday.
- The National Security Reform Coordinator has re-emphasized the need for citizens’ support in consolidating peace and security.
- Over 300 employees laid off by multibillion-dollar concessionaire China Union demand their just compensation, as the company negotiates a comeback after suspending operations.
UNMIL Radio SE News at 8 Am (22 May 2017)
UNMIL radio simple english news at 8 AM on Monday 22 May 2017
UNMIL Radio SE News at 6 & 9 PM (19 May 2017)
UNMIL rdio simple english news at 6 & 9 PM on Friday 19 May 2017
UNMIL Radio News at 6 & 9 PM (19 May 2017)
UNMIL radio news at 6 & 9 PM on Friday 19 May 2017
UNMIL Radio News at 1 PM (19 May 2017)
UNMIL radio news at 1 PM on Friday 19 May 2017
Yor Mornin: Friday 19 May 2017Name of Program: Yor Mornin
Date: Friday May 19, 2017
Topic – How do we Bridgethe gap between cultures is urgent and necessary for peace, stability and development?
Producer: Yede E. AllisonInterviews or recorded pieces-subject matter and/or content
Yor Mornin is an early morning magazine program; its segments are as follows;
- World Headlines
- Motivational Talk-
- Everyday Talk -thirty minute interactive discussion on national and international issues.
- Stories behind World headlines around the world
You and Your Health: Friday 19 May 2017
Name of Programme: You and Your HealthDate: May 19, 2017
Time: Friday 11:30am, repeated Saturday 4:00PMTheme or main focus if appropriateThe Harmful Impact, Treatment and Prevention of DepressionNames of guests/resource persons:
Caroline Saye Willie, National Consultant from WHO to the Ministry of Health
Boffa Washington, Technical Officer Mental Health Clinical Services, Ministry of HealthInterviews or recorded pieces-subject matter and/or content.
- Boffa Washington said the impact of depression is very harmful because it affects the individual, family and the community. She said sometimes it leads to suicide and the impact is huge on the society. She said stigmatization is one reason why some people do not reveal what they are suffering from. She said emphasis is placed on talking. They are encouraging people to speak out and seek help. She mentioned that the family and community should respect and support the ill person.
Coffee Break - Friday, May 19, 2017
Coffee Break is UNMIL Radio’s flagship news and current affairs program that highlights issues of concerns to UNMIL, government of Liberia, Civil Society and Grassroots communities. Issues such as peace and reconciliation, elections, women’s issues, current events, governance, rule of law, electricity and road construction among others are captured in the program which is aired Mondays-Fridays.
Coffee Break today featured live interviews with the following persons and issues:
- Rev. William Tolbert - Liberia's Peace Ambassador holds consultations in Zwedru with LNP and motorcyclist Transports Union
- Dr Morgana Flomo - Executive Director / Center for Environmental Health and Public Research engages musicians to join the Campaign to protect the environment.
- Alex Noah - President –Elect /Sinoe University Students Union spoke the mission and vision of the student body
- Morris Wesseh - Coordinator / Grand Gedeh County Service Center spoke about the operation of the center
- Brenda Moore – Executive Director / Kids Education and Engagement Project –KEEP dedicates a reading room in Grand Gedeh County
UNMIL Radio SE News at 8 AM (19 May 2017)
UNMIL radio simple english news at 8 AM on Friday 19 May 2017